Tickets can also be purchased on EVENTBRITE (additional costs may occur).
You will not just learn but also have the chance to work on your own project and, on your second day, present it in front of the bootcampers.
Deep Learning Bootcamp: Image Classification and Text Analysis with Pytorch & Introduction of Reinforcement Learning
Instructed by Dr. Kashif Rasul¹, Researcher at Zalando Research.
By the end of the workshop participants should be able to train/validate and compare a range of image recognition and text analysis models using the state of the art methods in deep learning.
The aim of this course is to teach the fundamentals of deep learning from Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) to Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), highlighting modern methodologies and techniques using the PyTorch API.
We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction of Pytorch and Tensor Library (numpy bridge)
- PyTorch Autograd
- Defining Neural Networks
- Introduction to Deep Reinforcement Learning
- OpenAI Gym and DQN (Q Learning)
After the course, you should be able to read and understand PyTorch code examples or tutorials and try out this framework in your own time.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Registration
- 10:30 – 12:30 Masterclass
- 12:30 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 17:00 Masterclass
- 17:00 – 18:00 Sponsor Talks
- 10:00 – 15:00 Work on YOUR PROJECT with what you have learned
- 15:00 – 16:00 Presentations & Showcase
- 16:00 – 17:00 Drinks & Networking & Music
We will send out the class materials as well as required library 2 weeks before the class, please follow the instruction and get the environment ready before coming to class.
Who should attend?
- Companies who would like to offer re-education to their data team or to upgrade their BI to be data science team
- Developer, who wants to know more about the algorithm or even think about switching to be the data scientist
- Data scientist, who wants to improve or learn more projects outside of work
- Business Intelligence: You are already familiar with statistics, want to understand better deep learning
- Tech team lead or data team lead wants to know better about data science and machine learning
- Others, who want to start your own startup with machine learning technology and work on their project
Pytorch is becoming popular framework recently, it is more efficient than Tensorflow and Keras. If you already know TF and Keras and wanna know one more framework, it is the chance. If you just start to learn ML/DL, starting with Pytorch might be harder but better.
If you don’t want to miss the chance to learn text analysis and image recognition with state of the art method on PyTorch in Berlin.
¹ where he is working in the area of reinforcement learning, deep learning, and high-performance computing. Kashif has a PhD. in Mathematics from the Freie Universität Berlin and has worked as a co-founder in several companies. He has presented at numerous conferences, meetups and workshops including at NVIDIA’s GTC in 2009 and 2017, PyData, and others both in Germany and overseas. He also contributes to open source projects in the area of GPU computing and deep learning on github: github.com/kashif. Prior to finishing his PhD. he worked at the Max Planck Institute in Golm, Germany and at Visage Imaging in Berlin as a software developer.